Challenge Participant Professional Reader Frequently Auto-Approved
The INSPY Awards
The INSPY Awards 124 members
Recognizing the need for a new kind of book award, the INSPYs were created by bloggers to discove...

Books we've read

Crossing Oceans
Evolving in Monkey Town: How a Girl Who Knew All the Answers Learned to Ask the Questions
She Walks in Beauty
The Knight
Green: The Beginning and the End
Plain Paradise
Sons of Thunder
Once Was Lost
The Falling Away
Yesterday's Tomorrow
The Bishop
Saint Training
City of Tranquil Light
Passport through Darkness: A True Story of Danger and Second Chances
The First Gardener
With a Name like Love
Gone to Ground
The Breath of Dawn
Soul's Gate
Barefoot Summer


View this group on Goodreads »

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

June : National Tea Month

One thing I love.  A large glass of sweet iced tea.  Sometimes the things we love most are not all that good for for you.  My granny made a quart of ice tea everyday.  She used 4 tea bags and two cups of sugar.  Then came the most important thing:

Without Lemon I did not drink it.  The sugar had to be mixed while tea was just steeped.  If the restaurant did not have sweet tea, I just drank coke.  Like all things in life things change.  I learned to like unsweet tea with lemon.  I had to, 3 out of 5 people in my family developed type 2 diabetes.  
For the rest of the month I will try a tea in a different way each day.  Tea has many restorative value and I will give the recipe here. if you have a favorite let me know. I find it ironic that spell check does not recognize the word unsweet.  It wants to change it to unsweetened.  So there you have a southern belle that loves her tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment