Challenge Participant Professional Reader Frequently Auto-Approved
The INSPY Awards
The INSPY Awards 124 members
Recognizing the need for a new kind of book award, the INSPYs were created by bloggers to discove...

Books we've read

Crossing Oceans
Evolving in Monkey Town: How a Girl Who Knew All the Answers Learned to Ask the Questions
She Walks in Beauty
The Knight
Green: The Beginning and the End
Plain Paradise
Sons of Thunder
Once Was Lost
The Falling Away
Yesterday's Tomorrow
The Bishop
Saint Training
City of Tranquil Light
Passport through Darkness: A True Story of Danger and Second Chances
The First Gardener
With a Name like Love
Gone to Ground
The Breath of Dawn
Soul's Gate
Barefoot Summer


View this group on Goodreads »

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Tea Time Day 1


                                          


Tea  Time June 20

Tea Challenge Day 1.  Being a southern girl who loves tea, I  did not have far to start my challenge.  Can we even call it a challenge? I put my tea kettle on to boil and pulled down my tea pot and my tea.

When the whistle blew on my water, I poured the steaming hot water over  the three family sized tea bags.  I set it aside to steep while I worked a little social media  magic for my boss. Time to make my tea.  I picked a few pieces of mint from my mint plant on my back porch. It and basil are the only herbs I cant kill. I fill my mason jar full of ice (just kidding about the jar).  The pinched up mint on top of the ice.  I pour my richly steeped tea over the mint and ice.  I take the smashed up raspberries that I mixed with agave, and poured them over the tea.  
It is already 85 outside so I take it out on to my back porch.  I take my first sip ahhh that is so good.  It is full of ice which makes it the perfect thing to be drinking as the heat rises. 
Here it is The end of August.  I tried many different teas.  In this season of my life my favorite tea is Mango Tea from Market Street.  First you put about one inch of Sweet Tea in the bottom and the rest Mango tea.  I did not have to make it cut the lemon or wash the pitcher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment