Challenge Participant Professional Reader Frequently Auto-Approved
The INSPY Awards
The INSPY Awards 124 members
Recognizing the need for a new kind of book award, the INSPYs were created by bloggers to discove...

Books we've read

Crossing Oceans
Evolving in Monkey Town: How a Girl Who Knew All the Answers Learned to Ask the Questions
She Walks in Beauty
The Knight
Green: The Beginning and the End
Plain Paradise
Sons of Thunder
Once Was Lost
The Falling Away
Yesterday's Tomorrow
The Bishop
Saint Training
City of Tranquil Light
Passport through Darkness: A True Story of Danger and Second Chances
The First Gardener
With a Name like Love
Gone to Ground
The Breath of Dawn
Soul's Gate
Barefoot Summer


View this group on Goodreads »

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Moment that Changed the World: September 11th

This Picture speaks for itself.  It was the moment that changed the world.  I remember the day it happend.  I know excatly what I was doing.  I was working at National Health Care.  I was a Unit Secretary on the non-skilled unit. It was always quiet nothing much changed.  We had a PA that day checking on the Residences.  She came down and said something about a bombing. I had no clue what she was talking about.  She said I can not  believe you dont know what I am talking about. It is allover the news.  So I went down to the break room.  That was the moment that I realized the world would never be the same.

 At the time my sister-in-law,Kristen, was working on the top floor in one of the tallest building in Dallas. In all my selfishness in that moment All I could think about was if it could happen in New York and they could get to the Pentagon they could have a plan to hit that Building.  I called her and left her a message.  I never heard from her but I figured my brother would call me if something happened and I would see it on the news.  I then prayed( I know I should have done that first) and God gave me a peace.  There was no peace for many for a long time to come.






.           

No comments:

Post a Comment