Challenge Participant Professional Reader Frequently Auto-Approved
The INSPY Awards
The INSPY Awards 124 members
Recognizing the need for a new kind of book award, the INSPYs were created by bloggers to discove...

Books we've read

Crossing Oceans
Evolving in Monkey Town: How a Girl Who Knew All the Answers Learned to Ask the Questions
She Walks in Beauty
The Knight
Green: The Beginning and the End
Plain Paradise
Sons of Thunder
Once Was Lost
The Falling Away
Yesterday's Tomorrow
The Bishop
Saint Training
City of Tranquil Light
Passport through Darkness: A True Story of Danger and Second Chances
The First Gardener
With a Name like Love
Gone to Ground
The Breath of Dawn
Soul's Gate
Barefoot Summer


View this group on Goodreads »

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Advent Pre-Season


It is Advent time.  I am a little late in posting but I have been celebrating all along.  It was hard to find just the right guide to go by.  Growing up Baptist I just thought the advent was someting the Catholic did.  I found the idea of celebrating with candles and bible verses each night together with family very exciting.
I googled advent calendar.  What I found were a bunch of things that when you open a window you got chocolate or some kind of toy each day for twenty five days. I finally found something to go by with one bible verse each day.  I used that but somehow that just wasnt enough,  it left me longing to celebrate more of Jesus.  His birthday is more than one small verse.  He deserves more than a small thought.  I am now using the verses in the previous post.  I wonder if that longing is anything like Isreal felt as they longed for The Messiah. I want to seize every moment to celebrate Him.  I think next years goals as focus will be to celebrate who he is intentionally with every act, ok more on that later.  Back to what I was telling you about.  Celebrating The advent with the candles representing hope peace love and the Holy Spirit is my beginning.


No comments:

Post a Comment