Challenge Participant Professional Reader Frequently Auto-Approved
The INSPY Awards
The INSPY Awards 124 members
Recognizing the need for a new kind of book award, the INSPYs were created by bloggers to discove...

Books we've read

Crossing Oceans
Evolving in Monkey Town: How a Girl Who Knew All the Answers Learned to Ask the Questions
She Walks in Beauty
The Knight
Green: The Beginning and the End
Plain Paradise
Sons of Thunder
Once Was Lost
The Falling Away
Yesterday's Tomorrow
The Bishop
Saint Training
City of Tranquil Light
Passport through Darkness: A True Story of Danger and Second Chances
The First Gardener
With a Name like Love
Gone to Ground
The Breath of Dawn
Soul's Gate
Barefoot Summer


View this group on Goodreads »

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Christmas Traditions.

Only a few days left.  I love this time of year.  I remember  when I was little each night before going to bed we would sit in front of the Christmas tree with all the lights off, just the tree lights like the angels that sang to announce His birth.  Traditions have been,  in the last few years, Celebrating the Birth of Jesus.
 I love baking.  I love shopping.  I love visiting with family. My favorite thing is to make is the cake.  It is not just any cake it is HIS Cake.Red Velvet Peppermint Cake Recipe
 Now that I live in Texas I want to create new traditions but I don't want to make them just for the sack of making them.  I haven't connected closely with alot of people that aren't busy with there own stuff.  I want to make new traditions here so that I can look to the future of a life here in Texas.

update: Christmas has come and gone.  It was wonderful.  They had a Christmas choir at church.  Bri and I were blessed to be a part of that.  It helped to connect with people.  Everyone was really engaged with each other and Christmas dinner.  It snowed here in Texas and did not snow in Tennessee.  So things are looking up. Well the community part of life is.  I like pictures of snow.  This is December 26th out my front door. I am one that makes the hot chocolate while everyone else is sledding.  Oh wait it is Texas they don't have many places to sled. The hot chocolate was good.
c
                Red Velvet Peppermint Cake RecipeThe Birthday cake I made did not look like this at all.  The icing slid of off half of the cake.  Depends on how you look at it.  We had a good excuse to scoop up the icing.  Everyone loved it.  My brother does not like peppermint so made  little cupcake just for him.  With regular icing.  I ran off and left it at the house.  Quess what I found out? You got it.  He does not like red velvet cake

No comments:

Post a Comment