Challenge Participant Professional Reader Frequently Auto-Approved
The INSPY Awards
The INSPY Awards 124 members
Recognizing the need for a new kind of book award, the INSPYs were created by bloggers to discove...

Books we've read

Crossing Oceans
Evolving in Monkey Town: How a Girl Who Knew All the Answers Learned to Ask the Questions
She Walks in Beauty
The Knight
Green: The Beginning and the End
Plain Paradise
Sons of Thunder
Once Was Lost
The Falling Away
Yesterday's Tomorrow
The Bishop
Saint Training
City of Tranquil Light
Passport through Darkness: A True Story of Danger and Second Chances
The First Gardener
With a Name like Love
Gone to Ground
The Breath of Dawn
Soul's Gate
Barefoot Summer


View this group on Goodreads »

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

9 FOR NOW



from Hugh Breland to leaders
9 for NOW…
#1 – Am I actively connecting to the people and places God wants me to OR am I wishing and waiting to be connected to? (model it for students)
#2 – Am I known as the person who sits around and complains about a problem or the one who rolls up his sleeves and dives into how to deal with it?
#3 – Would I rather hear about the other student leaders having a major win or a minor problem?  (This reveals our heart!)
#4 – Am I known as the guy/girl who makes promises but does not follow through or can people take me at my word?  (For the answer to this question ask those closest to you!)
#5 – What steps am I taking to increase my own leadership capacity?  (I recently saw Brian Houston tweet, “Leaders goal:  To constantly increase my capacity in order to lift the limits for others.”)
#6 – Do I genuinely care about the people God has called me to lead or am I just using them to enlarge my platform?  (For the answer to this question simply ask your direct reports how they honestly feel!)
#7 – Am I honestly and sincerely giving my best effort in what the Lord has called me to lead or am I allowing myself to slip into cruise control and complacency?
#8 – Am I a consistent vision caster or not?
#9 – What intentional opportunities have I given others (specifically students) to fulfill purpose recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment